Kindly note: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Join the team at ABOG HQ! We’re a collaborative and friendly work environment, based in the Flatiron District in NYC. Please see below for a full job description.
A Blade of Grass
Executive Assistant Job Description
A Blade of Grass is seeking an administrative assistant to provide direct support to the Executive Director as well as general office support for the A Blade of Grass staff.
The ideal candidate has a BA in art-related field and has at least 2 years administrative experience working in a non-profit organization, art gallery, museum or similar institution, and can demonstrate the following skills and mindsets:
- Strong computer skills, an ability to learn new programs and platforms quickly
- Very detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and think clearly in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to being helpful and working toward a shared set of goals
- Strong communication skills and comfort communicating with lots of different types of people
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to balance being a team player and an independent thinker
- Interest in socially engaged art
- Love of big ideas, and patience for the hard work that it takes to implement them
- Careful organizing of Executive Director’s schedule and organization’s general calendar
- Keeping track of important dates and planning meetings
- Ordering office supplies
- Helping with events and public programs
- Contact management: entering detailed information and updating records in Outlook and DonorPerfect
- Updating website
- Making check requests and keeping track of all payments and invoices
- Implementing and maintaining an effective filing system
- Answering the phone and fielding general email requests—acting as a friendly and helpful first point of contact for the organization
- Looking around and figuring out what else you can do to help and participate
Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter that relates this job description to your experience, goals and dreams
- Contact information for at least two references
This is a full-time position, with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
A Blade of Grass is an equal opportunity employer.