Job Description: Director of Development
A Blade of Grass is a young and ambitious nonprofit with strong fundraising assets operating at the intersection of art and social justice. Founded in 2011 with a generous seed donation by board chair Shelley Rubin, ABOG nurtures socially engaged art by providing direct support to and telling stories about individual artists that are enacting social change within communities.
ABOG is seeking a development officer who can effectively partner with the Executive Director and Board to develop and lead staff and board effort toward implementation of an annual fundraising plan that capitalizes on the diverse audiences that ABOG serves.
The ideal candidate loves to sell big ideas; has substantial, leadership-level development and/or foundation experience outside the small arts nonprofit landscape; is passionate about a variety of social issues and believes in the role artists play as visionary change agents; and can demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Abundance mindset and experience managing and growing resources
- Demonstrable interest in movement-based fundraising
- Sufficient flexibility to deploy multiple development tactics, and work with multiple audiences and value propositions
- An established network of contacts that would be excited to support what we do
- Demonstrable relationship-building and outreach skills
- Creativity and a specific interest in innovative approaches to fundraising
- Comfort with ambiguity, the capacity to “fail forward,” and an ability to take risks
- An established network within the tech entrepreneurship landscape is a plus
- Specific experience working within foundations is a plus
- Specific experience fundraising within a political movement or campaign context is a plus
- Partner with ED and board to create an annual development plan that expresses and enacts ABOG’s vision, sets clear income targets, and furthers our strategic objectives
- Lead implementation by marshaling board and staff efforts to create a culture in which everyone on the ABOG team is a fundraiser
- Partner with staff and board on an annual operating budget
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporate sponsors, and foundations
- Identify, package, and market earned income opportunities
- Engage in outreach and cultivation to grow ABOG’s community of support
- Oversee planning and implementation of outings, special events, and salons
- Oversee the grant calendar, reporting, CDP, donor tracking using Donor Perfect, and other administrative work
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
This is a full-time position, with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
A Blade of Grass is an equal opportunity employer.