A Blade of Grass is seeking a programs and administrative associate who can effectively partner with staff and Fellowship artists to run a smooth office and administer a unique program that nurtures socially engaged art.
Position is full-time, with benefits. Salary up to $36,000, commensurate with experience. To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Programs/Admin Associate” and your last name. No phone calls please.
The ideal candidate honestly finds joy in the details; has a strong interest in socially engaged art and wants to learn programs administration; is a self starter who takes initiative; and can demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Experience working with databases and Excel
- Experience managing calendars and scheduling
- Great phone and email skills
- Comfortable with basic computer and server troubleshooting
- Comfortable setting priorities and managing deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility, willingness to own and learn from mistakes, and the ability to take risks
- Comfort with helping out wherever you’re needed in a small office
- Demonstrable ability to learn basic bookkeeping—accounting/bookkeeping experience a plus
- Experience booking travel in a professional setting a plus
- Careful attention to detail, with experience copyediting or proofreading a plus
- Act as first line of office communication—answer phones, manage info account
- Assist data entry and upkeep of Wufoo, Vertical Response, DonorPerfect databases
- Basic bookkeeping using Quickbooks
- Field questions from prospective Fellowship applicants
- Process applications and otherwise manage the administration of open call
- Assist administration of public programs, tours, field trips
- Arrange travel and catering for selection committee and Fellowship meetings
- Liaise with Fellowship artists to gather images, bios, other content
- Manage open call data
- Order office supplies, liaise with building, general office administration
- Basic computer/printer/server troubleshooting
- Assist production of regular print publications
- Attend and assist at public programs and events
- Other things will definitely come up!
A Blade of Grass encourages POC candidates for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.